Squirrels shouldn’t even be out in this weather.
I am not feeling entirely myself this week. But still more me than anyone else may ever be.
Nice things about being friends with girls (as a [hetero] girl):
- you can dote on them without it being misinterpreted as flirting
- when discussing relationships/guys, you don’t really have to mince the words/facts/past to avoid shattering an otherwise (relatively) ladylike view of you.
- you can more often believe them when they compliment you
- you can accept unlimited glasses or bottles of alcohol from them without (usually) being forced to consider that they’re trying to get you drunk to take advantage of you
I’m talkin’ ‘bout blue skies blue skies… what’s the matter matter blue skies…
This mash-up keeps happening in my head.
Also, it’s difficult to play either album without feeling lots of feelings, either happy and excited or sincere and emotional.. Mostly the happy if you’re listening/occasionally singing while driving awesomely with relatively/irrelevantly cooperative traffic.
“The facts were these..”
“Give me the love of an orchestra!!”
“A hundred miles a hundred miles a hundred miles a hundred miles.. you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles…”
“Without hope or agenda..”
Everything is connected. The smallest things affect.
If the smallest things affect the big things, than either the tiniest things matter or nothing does.
“Everything counts a little more than we think.”
“If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do.”
- I wouldn’t bet against me.
- I dislike faux/fake buttons, pockets, zippers, buckles, etc.
- There are relatively few foods that wouldn’t be made better with the addition of mushrooms.
- Labradorite goes with everything.
- I believe in love.
- I believe in timshel.
- I am not a runner.
- I like people more than places;
- I love ideas more than things;
- I really like a lot of things.
- Chocolate chip cookies are the best; also, a natural choice for breakfast.
- I like all sorts of cheeses and wines for essentially the same reason; I like cheese more than wine.
- I like chocolate, cookies, fruits, and nuts, but I generally believe in only two of those belonging together.
- Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.
- I like smiling at people and things (nice kids are especially nice to smile at).
- I really like driving (sometimes; passengers or lack thereof make all the difference).
- I love pockets.
- I like technology. A lot.
- I’m a big fan of nature.
- I’m not a fan of insects in general, though I can find them good and interesting if they’re not in my room or trying to bite me.
- I love good music and good books and good food and good things.
- I love my family and am very grateful for them and don’t do remotely enough to deserve them, though I intend to do better by them.
- I am a writer by nature, however I am awed and humbled by those who are additionally writers in talent and in practice.
- I’ve always liked bookstores and office supply stores.
- Raincoats should have hoods. (Even if they’re detachable.)
- I am an early adopter.
- I am a questioner.
- I am a skeptic, an optimist, a realist.
- I believe very much in possibility and in making new windows and doors.
- I believe in And, over either/or.
- I don’t like cynicism.
- I like tradition.
- I love outside the box.
- I believe in rules. I believe rules are less important than their intention, and do not supersede life.
- I believe in oxford commas.
- I like colored paperclips.
- I’m surprised by how girly I can sometimes be.
- I apparently like the word “vehemently”. In my head, it has four syllables.
- I like talking to myself; I’m good company to me.
- I cannot cry on queue (even if I try really hard); however, I cry at news reports, national anthems, weddings, movies, good books, commercials….
- Holes in denim (especially) should be earned not bought;
- Leggings are fantastic however they are not pants.
- I believe in wearing respectable clothes on airplanes, especially through airports.
- Respectable clothes can be comfortable, even very comfortable.
- Ideas are the best.
- I’m a big fan of curiosity
- I like dark themes on all my screens, and so many lumens in my daylight.
- I’m way better at washing dishes when wearing noise-cancelling headphones, listening to danceable music.
- My feelings are my own, and require no answer/reciprocation/feedback from others to sustain.
- I love a lot of people.
- I know that caring does not dictate responsibility nor require action, though that’s not yet my own reflex.
- I love friendstacking.
- I am reckless with my limbs at home around corners and furniture.
- I really love the people I love.
- I accept that there are different kinds of love, and my experience maintains: if it is real it does not end; relationships change, as do intentions, interpretations, and needs; actions, wants, and feelings have no mandatory correlations.
- Mortality matters.
- Health is Everything. I’m still considering this open-ended, however everything ever so far has proven this to be so.
- Do not like velcro. Because it is NOISY.
- multiverse theory
- (much) faster than light-speed travel
- curved universe
- moving so quickly so as to lap one’s starting position before having started
via tumblr post
[Rewind, Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward]
The only abilities of those that we don’t have are rewind and fast forward. Those options really would change the game entirely. Can you imagine? So many things?
Who would we be if we could redo our pasts and jump ahead to our futures at will? Would those people we choose to meet and reach out to in our lives choose to keep memories and connections with us? If we erase and avoid past traumas, will we find ourselves and the places and people we otherwise get to?
And what if everyone had telepathy, as well as being empathic, and absolutely truthful? If everyone could hear each others’ thoughts, feel each others’ emotions, always spoke the truth. Who would we be if everyone could see/hear exactly what we think and feel all the time? The world would be Amazing? Terrible? Inconceivably different.
Can’t relive or change the past. Can’t fast forward to the future. Can’t hear or fully trust everyone’ thoughts, feelings, and words.
But marvel at what we have: the abilities to choose, communicate, learn, comprehend, apologize, feel, consider, pause, compose our words and actions ? we can compose our words and actions! We can make the choices to be who we are and do what we do, rather than being subject purely to our impulses, bare feelings and exposed thoughts. We can remember, we can change our paths, our minds; we can reach out as we choose and close away too. Timshel. And no one can take our past and no one can change our future because no one has those buttons; we’re all in this together.