1. Hot damn, Spanish is a far sexier language than I ever ever gave it credit for.
2. I don’t believe in settling. Not where it counts. Never have. Started buckling on that a little in past years, thinking maybe sometimes people have their reasons. But so what if they do? It might be the only way they know, the only thing they deserve, but I don’t believe in it, and it being right for them is far, far from it being applicable for me.
3. Been listening to lots of The Bird and the Bee, Bon Iver, and Noah and the Whale. Also, The Last Five Years soundtrack.
4. I’m really happy I have grapes in the house right now. ‘Am looking forward to eating them tomorrow.
5. I’ve been eating a fair amount of pizza lately. I really like the quote: “Sex is like pizza (or pizza is like sex) — when it’s good, it’s really, really good; and when it’s bad….it’s still pretty good!”
6. I’ve slowly collected them out of order; the only volume in the set that I’m currently missing is #6 Fables and Reflections.
7. I’m not convinced it’s the Spanish itself, at all.
8. Ben Lee lyrics have been spinning in my mind often lately. Otherwise, Nathanson and Ritter are frequent defaults.
9. Found an old notebook yesterday.. the small blue spiral that I started in Bangkok, 2002. That notebook is one of my favorite objects. It also has many blank pages left.
10. Logos’ PSU died again a few days ago. This’ll be the third one in ~a year.. which places blame very likely on the MB. This does not please me. But I’ll sort it. Can’t be too bothered at the moment. Dani’s holding up reasonably.
11. I liked the snow. I miss the blizzards of middle school and college. “Dad, I don’t have a sled. Calvin would be so disappointed in me. Why don’t I have a sled?” “Alicson, you don’t have a sled because it only snows with any substance about once every four years in this area.” Fair enough.
12. To one common question my answer has changed. To another, I will have one soon.
13. I’m in the mood right now for some juice.